Wednesday, November 10, 2010

De Colores

As my fair Prince Jose Luis Guadalupe Vargas Chavez the III and I flew across the Velvet Sky on a Gingerbread Dragon and above the Magical Woods to Valle de Viva where we would set the Merry Woods People free i fell asleep. I fell asleep and dreamt of my upcoming Doble Quinceanera which is happening this Sunday, November 14th at The Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco.

I dreamt of the 5 special colors that will represent my commemoration. The first being Red. Red for el corazon, or the heart. It is my romantic heart that purpells me to create and to love. Then i dreamt of Pink. Pink represents the little girl who i once was and the woman i now have become. Yellow is the color of my tears. Tears of joy and tears of pain. Tears to remind me of overcoming obsticles of the past and tears to remind me of good times to come. Blue represents the ocean where i grew up and dreamt that one day i would live far across the oceans end. It also reminds me of the sky. The sky is like my imagination. Vast, bright, and sometimes cloudy. And lastly, Gold. The color of riches. Royalty. Elegance and decadence. Just like my Prince.

All of these colors will be present at my fiesta. On the outfits that all 30 Damas and Chambelanes that will waltz with me as i present myself to the celebration. These colores will also be on my dress. Which is delicately and lovingly being made by my good friends and genius craftsmen Kurt Fausset and Mr. David. I am a being that desperately needs color in my life. Color to survive, to create, and to inspire. Therefore, color is a muy importante element in commemorating my becoming a woman -again.

As we reached Valle de Viva, i knew that my trip to the Magical Woods would always hold a significant place in my memory. And that all of the Magical Merry Woods People would live in a Dream Castle that dwells in my heart. Then i awoke to hear my Princes valient voice.
"Come, he said. The people await."

I knew it was time to say adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment